I can't believe that Jemma is already one month old! It is so strange to think that just a few months ago Dan and I were told that Jemma may not make it and if she did that she probably would struggle to thrive. So far Jemma has proven them wrong!
Jemma is such a sweet spirit and is always smiling. I know it takes most babies a few weeks to smile but Jemma came out smiling! Jemma loves snuggling with her older sister Maizie and is a big night owl (I hope that changes)!!! Dan, Maizie, and I feel so blessed to have Jemma in our lives!
As far as medical things go... we have to take Jemma in every two weeks to check her heart and her appointment with the neurologist is coming up. Her heart is doing okay so far and surgery will happen when her oxygen scores start to go down. It is really frusterating not knowing what the outcome of her heart and head are going to be but we are taking one day at a time. We have to measure her head weekly at home to see if swelling occurs and Jemma's weight is checked every two weeks to make sure she is gaining.
This probably all sounds a little confusing but to look at Jemma you wouldn't even be able to tell that she has these challenges. The doctors say that she will most likely just be a typical little girl who will just have to see a few more doctors than a normal child and have few more surgeries. This is much better news that what we were originally told.
I really can't believe that Jemma is one month!!! Not a day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father because I know that he blessed Jemma. She truly is a miracle! Here are a few newborn pictures that my sister in law took and some random ones.
Jemma is such a sweet spirit and is always smiling. I know it takes most babies a few weeks to smile but Jemma came out smiling! Jemma loves snuggling with her older sister Maizie and is a big night owl (I hope that changes)!!! Dan, Maizie, and I feel so blessed to have Jemma in our lives!
As far as medical things go... we have to take Jemma in every two weeks to check her heart and her appointment with the neurologist is coming up. Her heart is doing okay so far and surgery will happen when her oxygen scores start to go down. It is really frusterating not knowing what the outcome of her heart and head are going to be but we are taking one day at a time. We have to measure her head weekly at home to see if swelling occurs and Jemma's weight is checked every two weeks to make sure she is gaining.
This probably all sounds a little confusing but to look at Jemma you wouldn't even be able to tell that she has these challenges. The doctors say that she will most likely just be a typical little girl who will just have to see a few more doctors than a normal child and have few more surgeries. This is much better news that what we were originally told.
I really can't believe that Jemma is one month!!! Not a day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father because I know that he blessed Jemma. She truly is a miracle! Here are a few newborn pictures that my sister in law took and some random ones.
Maizie is the best big sister and always wants to help take care of Jemma!!!






2 comments:
Such cute girls. Thanks for posting.
I am glad to hear that everything is going so well. Your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment