Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Believe in Miracles...

Today we got some great news!!! The final results of the amnio came back and everything is normal!!!!! When they first did the microarray test they thought they saw something on Chromosome 2 and sent out for a more detailed test of that specific chromosome. Today the test came back and what they saw on Chromosome 2 is a normal variant and apparently everyone’s genes have some kind of variants… that is what makes us unique. To say the last 5 ½ weeks have been nerve racking is an understatement but it was all worth it for the results today! The doctors are actually rather shocked that everything came back normal. There was a 75% chance that it was trisomy and even when that came back normal the doctors said there was still a 75% chance they would find some kind of disorder. They said we are very lucky but I know luck has nothing to do with it. Heavenly Father is watching over our sweet baby Jemma and heard all of our prayers!  It is truly a miracle!!!

Jemma still has a long uncertain road ahead of her with her heart and head but I am so thankful for the results we got today!!! Thank you all for your prayers and please keep them coming! So much of Jemma’s outcome will be determined after she is born and starts to grow. A geneticist will also come check her out after she is born to see if any of her features indicate a disorder that cannot be tested for in womb. The doctors said this is unlikely with the results we got today but you never know so please keep praying! I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers and my little family feels so blessed to have so many people praying for us! Thank you all again and we will keep you updated. I am scheduled to be induced on July 1st but the doctors think I might go naturally before that… who knows… babies come when they want to come. Dan, Maizie, and I are so excited to meet Jemma in just a few short weeks!!!

1 comment:

jenny and jake said...

Molly! I found your blog. Your little Maizie is so cute! Also I am glad to see that your results for Jemma came back better than you were thinking. I hope things are going well for you guys!