
We have been really bad at updating the BLOG, so instead of going back and catching up.... we will start again only going back a couple of weeks. This picture is of our nephew Urban, I had convinced his dad to come help me in our yard and the day he came over was the day that Jane was away scrapbooking so the kids got to come to Uncle D and Molly's house to play. Molly got to watch Urban and baby Lily. Urban was so excited because we had asked Molly's sister Zina if she would cut Urbans hair seeing how she works at Cookie Cutters. We had told Urban that he was going to get his haircut at Cookie Cutter's when in fact Cookie Cutters was coming to our house. He was okay for the whole thing, mainly because he was able to have his tootsie pop in his mouth during the haircut.

The next haircut a week later was for Molly herself. She had been telling me that she was thinking about cutting her hair and how short I would want her to cut it. She had also told me that the only reason that she had been growing it out was so that she would have long hair for the wedding and she could do it up. Finally she got brave and went to her sister and asked if she would cut it and I was the one who made the first cut. Mind you though I only cut off about 4 inches, and thought that it was a good le

ngth. Zina then got ahold of the sissors and cut off an additional 4 inches under Molly's instructions. Zina was pretty scared with those sissors only because I was standing right behind her and had the look of disgust all over my face. Once the haircut was done, Molly got up and was smiling from ear to ear loving her new short hair and yes I do like it. It was the shortest I have ever seen her hair. Oh well.... it makes her happy..
The Smith's 2008 outdoor Project
For some crazy reason I decided that our yard was way too uneven and the sprinkler were not working t

he best. So, early summer we started the demolition of the entire yard. I had hired someone to come out and use their bobcat and removed all the concrete, sod, shrubs, evergreens, EVERYTHING. Thinking that it was going to be for a fun summer project. Boy was I mistaken!!!! I hate this project.. First of all it has taken forever to put things back together because of how busy I was at work. While I was at work, for a week straight Molly had gathered her mom and sisters to help weed and clean up the front and back yards.

Shortly after the Ashton sisters tackled the front and back yard we then had the driveway and sidewalk poured. It was such a pain last year to try and shovel the snow off a pitted and spalled driveway. This time I had widened the driveway making it so we can get 3 cars parked side by side.
I have in the past 2-3 weeks installed a new automated sprinkler system and brought in 55 ton of topsoil to smooth out over the top. This weekend we have the sod coming and about 15 people to help make our yard green.. Just in time for fall. I will post more pictures when we get the sod down, I can't wait.
1 comment:
Your yard is going to look so good!! You guys have done a great job.
Post a Comment