Thursday, May 3, 2012

Amnio...

Dan and I decided that we should go ahead and get the amnio done. On Monday, April 30th I went in and had the procedure done. It wasn't very fun but not as bad as I expected. Anyway, today I went in for a doctor appointment and they had back the "fish" results. The "fish" results come back within 2-3 days and only look for Trisomy 13, 18, and 21. This test is around 95% accurate. At my appointment today they said that Jemma's "fish" results came back normal!!! This means that she doesn't have Trisomy 13, 18, or 21!!!!! There is still a small chance the final results could be different but the doctor said that normally does not happen... keeping my fingers crossed! The final results should come in around 2 weeks but at least we have hopefully ruled out the life threatening ones. From the beginning of this experience both Dan and I have said that we would gladly take Jemma however she comes and that all we want is the chance to raise her. We still have a long road ahead of us and we don't know what bumps may be in that road but we know that Heavenly Father is watching over us. We are so thankful for everyones prayers and ask that you keep them coming. It would truly be a miracle if all of Jemma's birth defects were not chromosomally linked but whatever the outcome we are thankful that she doesn't have Trisomy 13 or 18 and know that is a miracle by itself!!! We are super excited we will get to meet our little girl at the end of June!!! Thank you again for all of your prayers and support. I will let everyone know when we receive the final results!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That is such wonderful news. I'm glad the amnio wasn't as bad as you expected. We will keep you guys in our prayers!