Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Maizie Kate

Maizie Kate was born on Sunday morning April 25th at 12:20am, weighing in at 6lb 9oz and 20 inches long. The birth experience was amazing and with Dan's support I was able to go natural! Starting early Saturday morning around midnight I started having irregular contractions that ranged from 30 - 10 min apart. Since my contractions were not steady and didn't hurt terribly bad I thought I must be in false labor and that it would stop. By 6:30 pm however my contractions all of a sudden jumped to four minutes apart and then 3, 2, 1. I still had my doubts that I was in labor and finally at 10:00 pm Dan convinced me it was time to go to the hospital. It was a good thing he made me go too cause by the time I got there and they checked me I was 8 cm dialated and pretty much ready to push! Maizie was born just under two hours after arriving at the hospital. Even though it hurt I am glad that I was able to go natural because as soon as I pushed Maizie out they were able to give her to me and she was wide awake. For a good 45 minutes she just starred at me. She is so beautiful with her brown curly hair (must have gotten a dark hair gene from my mom) and huge eyes. Both Dan and I feel so blessed to have Maizie in our lives and we couldn't be happier!



5 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations! Maizie looks so cute. I'm sure you're all happy to be "outside" in the world together, what a wonderful family.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!! She really is so adorable, I am so glad everything went so great! You have such a cute little family.

RhubarbLady said...

Molly, she's so adorable! I had our first, Jessica, less than two hours after getting to the hospital too! It's wonderful to be able to have them natural if it works out. ( I think we bounce back faster, when we have them natural.) I love her hair!

Paula said...

Molly she is so pretty. I love her hair. Congratulations! I am so glad that everything went so well!

Kevin & Amber said...

She is such a sweetie!!! You are going to be the best parents. Its crazy how much little babies can melt your heart huh? We are excited to she her again. Congrats!