Dec. 29, 2007
The first date story...
I asked Molly out the first part of February 2007. On our first date (Feb. 7, 2007) I brought Molly up to Park City ski resort and was awaiting our turn for the horse and carriage ride. The carriage brought us up to the top of the hill where 'Snowed Inn' restaurant is located and we had a good ole home cookin' meal with live music playing in the background. We both had the chicken and homemade chili. After dinner they offered to let people walk up the hill a little farther and slide down the hill on dinner plates (yep that's right they were SMALL). It was such a blast and that all by its self.... Molly was hooked... I had knocked Molly off her feet (literally, several times over)
The Engagement story...
Throughout the year Molly was getting eager to have me propose. I kept telling Molly not to worry about it and that things would just work out. The target date that kept getting tossed around was sometime in April. Molly did not seem too intrigued by those words. On December 29th I told Molly that they were going on a double date with a friend. Actually I had the whole proposal planned out... We went to dinner in Draper to Goodwood, I pretending to get a text message from the "other couple" saying that they were not able to make it to dinner and that we still would meet to watch a movie. After dinner we headed to the place we were going to meet our friends but on the way.....
I had suggested that we stop and take a picture by the gazebo in Draper park. Molly a little confused and freezing said 'okay'. I had a different plan, he had pulled out of his hoodie a scrapbook of their time spent together for the past year. I set Molly down and started looking through the book and she sensed that something was a little different, but continued looking through the book. At the end of the book on the last page where the words 'Will You Marry Me' and I got on my knee and proposed with a ring pop. (I gave her the ring pop because I did not have a job at that moment) Me being the creative thinker said to Molly, "I forgot the camera lets go back to the truck to get it." Me knowing that Molly was really excited even about the ring pop said, "Ya know, that ring pop will just not do." I opened the back door of the truck and pulled out 2 dozen roses and had the diamond ring tied to the stems of the roses and said 'this will do.'
The first date story...
I asked Molly out the first part of February 2007. On our first date (Feb. 7, 2007) I brought Molly up to Park City ski resort and was awaiting our turn for the horse and carriage ride. The carriage brought us up to the top of the hill where 'Snowed Inn' restaurant is located and we had a good ole home cookin' meal with live music playing in the background. We both had the chicken and homemade chili. After dinner they offered to let people walk up the hill a little farther and slide down the hill on dinner plates (yep that's right they were SMALL). It was such a blast and that all by its self.... Molly was hooked... I had knocked Molly off her feet (literally, several times over)
The Engagement story...
Throughout the year Molly was getting eager to have me propose. I kept telling Molly not to worry about it and that things would just work out. The target date that kept getting tossed around was sometime in April. Molly did not seem too intrigued by those words. On December 29th I told Molly that they were going on a double date with a friend. Actually I had the whole proposal planned out... We went to dinner in Draper to Goodwood, I pretending to get a text message from the "other couple" saying that they were not able to make it to dinner and that we still would meet to watch a movie. After dinner we headed to the place we were going to meet our friends but on the way.....




1 comment:
Cute story, so happy for you both!
Post a Comment